The 40-hour HAZWOPER training course is designed for all employees working on site (such as but not limited to equipment operators, general laborers and others) exposed to hazardous substances, health hazards, or safety hazards and their supervisors and management responsible for the site before they are permitted to engage in hazardous waste operations that could expose them to hazardous substances, safety, or health hazards.
General site workers (such as equipment operators, general laborers and supervisory personnel) engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities, which expose or potentially expose workers to hazardous substances and health hazards.
8-hours of annual refresher training is required to maintain certification
Course meets the following training requirements:
- 29 CFR 1910.120 (e)(1)(i), 29 CFR 1910.120 (e)(3)(i)
- 29 CFR 1926.65 (e)(1)(i), 29 CFR 1926.65 (e)(3)(i)
Note: It is recommended that each employee enrolled in this class is currently monitored under your company’s medical surveillance and respiratory programs (as applicable). In view of HIPAA laws, we do not ask for medical records.
Mayday ERI assumes that you are certifying you are in adequate health to perform the training and you waive Mayday ERI of any liability for any medical injuries or illness resulting from this training course.
- Regulatory Overview
- · Laws, Regulations, Training Requirements
- Health, Safety, and Medical Surveillance
- · General Safety & Health Hazards
- · Basic Chemical, Toxicological, & Behavior
- · Medical Surveillance
Basic Hazmat Chemistry
- Basic Incident Command System
- Site Management and Control
- Hazard Identification
- · Site Characterization and Analysis
- · Hazard Communication Standard
- · Global Harmonization Standard
- Hazard Risk Evaluation
- · Physical & Chemical Properties
- · Gas Detection
- · Monitoring
- · Sampling Methods and Procedures
- · Classification, Identification & Verification
- Information Management
- · Respiratory Protection
- · Chemical Protective Clothing
- Engineering Controls and Safe Work Practices
- · Standard Operating Procedures
- · Implementing Emergency Response Plan
- Control, Confinement, and Spill Management
Confined Space Overview
- Terminating an Incident
Our OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training course provides high quality, up-to-date training for workers who perform emergency response activities, clean-up operations and remediation at industrial sites, Superfund and RCRA corrective action sites.